Monday, January 19, 2009

Beauty: Past, Present, and (Hopefully) Future

I love winter. The sunsets are simply breathtaking. Even Jordan has been running for the camera in the evenings to try to capture the beauty. They always remind me not only of God's goodness, but of the beauty of His divine plan. Everything God touches becomes a thing of beauty. I so want His hand on my life!

Isaac has been going through his hat phase. He would wear them all day AND all night if I let him.

All the boys want to be just like Daddy so boots and hats, whether they fit or not, are a must. Even Isaac's pants are too big. :)

They were watching for Daddy to come around the corner with supplies so they could race to the door to open it for him. From their reactions to coming in last one would have thought somebody's life depended on their being first. But they thrive on being helpers so.......
We had to completely tear out our old banister and build a new one with a base since Pergo is a floating floor. It's been quite the project, but I can't wait to see how it's going to turn out. Josh just has a knack for working with wood. It's going to be natural oak with white balusters. :)

We're almost done with that room. We have some more trim to paint, and 1/4 of the floor left to put in, and then we can move onto the entryway and stairs. Yay! :)

Josh has been tempted to take a whole week off and do nothing but try to finish this up. We are so busy that he has to take vacation days to do anything on the house anyway. At this rate we won't be done until summer. Which would be okay if all the furniture wasn't crammed into the great room, and the piano in the middle of the walkway in the dining room. Working around all this clutter is enough to make me crazy some days, but I don't think it bothers me even half as much as it does Josh. He's here about one third of the time I am; most of which is spent asleep. He is so funny. :) At least he's driven. Unlike me. If it were up to me, it would probably stay the way it is until I was forced to move. :) I'm so thankful for him!

3 comments:

Stephanie W. said...

I love those pictures of the sky! And, I feel your pain on the projects. Maybe ours will get done if we ever move. :)

Seasons of a Helpmeet said...

Your blog is very uplifting! I'll be reading more when the kiddos are in bed. Your family is so beautiful! I told my husband that you had five boys! Our dream is to have five boys. It must be so much fun to have lots of little ones to hug and kiss. I wish we could have a dozen kids. Your girls look lovely too. They must be a great help to you all.

Amy Martin said...

I am a sucker for a beautiful sky and handsome little boys, so this was an awesome post in my book. LOL

Photobucket