Christa from "No End In Site" has tagged me to list seven random things about myself that you all may not know. Most of you know me pretty well, so I doubt that anything I come up with will fit this description. But I'll try. :)
1. I am a homebody. I LOVE to be home. I would be content to live here in this house 'till I die.
2. The most relaxing thing in the world to me, besides a professional massage (which I have only been able to afford once, but was it ever glorious!) is having my hair washed by someone else.
3. I often wondered if I was adopted during my growing up years because I am so short and my mom, and dad, and sister are so tall. I'm 5'1". My mom and sister are both around 5'7". My dad is 6'5"
4. I love printed music. It thrills me to my fingertips to have new music in my hands. I can hardly wait to sit down and play it through.
5. I know in my head exactly what I want my home to look like decoration-wise, but I am truly handicapped when it comes to implementing my ideas. Before I go to sleep at night, I always imagine I'm in "my" house. Someday I hope to make that dream come true. Somehow. :/ I love, love, love to look at the reflection of my house in pictures and windows. It's so homey and beautiful in reverse and I'm not sure why. Maybe because the mess and flaws are not so obvious? That must be it, since I can rarely see the floors from that level. :)
6. I've always wanted to learn to play the cello, but every time I mentioned it to someone, without exception, they would laugh and say that a violin would fit better. When I listen to music I can pick the cello out before anything else. I enjoy listening to music over and over, and teaching my kids to pick out different instruments each time through. It gives even mediocre songs a whole new depth of character.
7. I used to sing soprano, but I love harmony, so I began to sing alto, just 'cause I could. It comes naturally to me. When I finally decided to switch to alto in choir because the range really was more comfortable, a lady that I have always had to work hard at liking looked at me, laughed, and in her typically demeaning way said, "You're in the wrong section. Did you forget? You're a soprano. If you don't use your ability to sing high, you'll lose it, ya know." I've happily been an alto ever since, with no intention of ever going back. (I know, I'm such a rebel.) :)
I tag Stephanie, Christina, Deena, Amy, and Melisa, and anyone else who would like to participate. Leave me a comment to let me know if you do! :)

1 comment:
I was thinking about tagging you after I put mine up, but I wasn't sure if you would see it. :o)
I'm a homebody, too... except every once in a while when I absolutely need to get out of the house, lol!
I always enjoy reading these things. :o)
Post a Comment