Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Yay! We're Home!




We made it home....FINALLY. Isaac is not a good traveller. All of our other kids have always done really well up to this point. He definitely has a will and temper to match his hair. It's going to be a battle royal, but he is not going to be the spoiled baby of the family if I have anything to say about it. He cried almost the entire time he was in his carseat. He slept very little, so the only time he was quiet was when he was nursing. That made it a very long 50 some hours in that minivan, let me tell you.

Other than that though the trip went really well. We all had lots of fun. It was so good to be able to spend time with Josh's family before and after the trip. We even got to spend an extra day with them because we decided to head back to Iowa Friday afternoon instead of Saturday.

Mark and Stephanie were able to come and see us while we were there. It was nice to see that Stephanie hasn't changed at all, other than that she's married now. LOL And the kids absolutely loved Mark. He gave them a ball that is their treasure, and he bought them candy. They were so excited about that! It was fun to be able to just sit and visit with another young couple. Until recently, that almost never happened. LOL

As we were unloading the van when we got home, we noticed two rather large spiders had taken up residence by our laundry room door in our garage. Upon closer inspection, we realized they were black widows!!! I just hope and pray that there are no more. I can't stand just regular house spiders.

I posted a slideshow below that has pictures from our Pennsylvania trip in it, but there are a few bugs I need to work out of it before I will be happy with it. That may take some time though, so I hope you can enjoy it somewhat in the meantime. Let me know if any of you have any suggestions regarding it besides there needing to be a longer delay between pictures. .

6 comments:

Amy Martin said...

Welcome home!! Even though I'm 1800 miles away, I still want to welcome you home! LOL I hope you're able to stay away from blog land long enough to get things back in order from your trip. I enjoy reading your posts though, so don't take too long!!

Love ya!

Sherri said...

Believe it or not, I'm already done unpacking and most of the laundry is done. The only thing I have left to do is make up a menu and go to the store. And do school, and cook, and clean, and chase kids.......LOL Blogging is my reward for work well done. What motivation. : p

Amy Martin said...

Blogging is my ESCAPE from work that HAS to be done!!!

Amy Martin said...

I absolutely LOVE the red hair!!!! Have fun with HIM!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Sherri,

It was sooooo nice to see you again after eight years! So much happened in that time! You had five kids, and I got married. LOL! I'm glad you are still as I remembered you. Feel free to move out to PA! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Photobucket