Friday, October 06, 2006

Isaac's Newest Accomplishment

Yesterday when I was playing with Isaac I kept saying, "I love you" in a sing-song voice. For quite awhile he just looked at me intently while I was saying it. As soon as I stopped to talk to one of the other kids he got excited and kept trying to get my attention. That's when I heard him say, 'I wuu oooooo"!!! It sounded just like "I love you" in baby talk. I was sooo excited! He kept doing it too.

After we were done playing I got to thinking about how unlikely it was that he actually was trying to say it, and I began to doubt what I thought I had heard. But, he did it for Josh last night when he got home!! I have a witness! My four month old baby has said his first THREE words!!! Yay! I'm so excited. Jordan was really smart like that as a baby too. He could say words with the "t" sound in them when he was only six months old like "light", and "that", and "it". My mom and I have noticed that Isaac and Jordan are similar in other ways as babies in that they both pay really close attention when people are talking to them for long periods of time.

I've been noticing too that when Isaac cries he says "Momma" over and over again, but I kept saying to myself, "he doesn't know what he's saying. He's just making upset sounds." But now I'm not so sure.

Anyway, I just had to share. Thanks for reading my ramblings!

3 comments:

Amy Martin said...

He's going to be as smart as his Auntie Amy someday!!! Or, MAYBE he already IS!!! LOL Give him big kisses and squeezes for me. He's only practicing so he can tell ME when I get there, how much he loves me!!

Sherri said...

You're probably exactly right! I'll try to call you later so he can tell you now.

ruth said...

Sherri, that's really adorable!

I think one of the most fascinating things to observe is language development in babies. Maybe some day I'll get to see it first-hand with my own kids.

Keep posting! It's nice to catch up with friends.

Photobucket