I usually have enough to think about with just my day to day activities to take care of, but this weekend was even more stressful. Josh was gone most of last week, and when he got home he went on call right away. This means that we get less sleep due to his cell phone ringing during the night. (For those of you who don't know, he's a technician for ConocoPhillips Pipeline.)
Saturday is our cleaning day, so we work from morning till night getting the house whipped into shape. Sunday it's church most of the day, with finishing up what we didn't get done the day before in between services. Definitely NOT a day of rest.
We decided to go to lunch after church, and we had to wait just a few minutes. When I got up, I apparently left my purse on the seat. I didn't realize it was missing until we got up to leave. We checked out in the van, and when I knew I had to have taken it in I went back into the restaurant to ask if anyone had turned it in. One of the hosts had found it. The manager of the store brought it to me and I left. As soon as I got in the van I checked to make sure nothing was missing. I noticed right away that my driver's license was gone. I then went BACK inside to inform the manager.
I never take my driver's license out because the slot for it is a tight fit. It has a clear cover so if I need it, I just hold out my whole purse. So, I knew that someone had to have taken it. I thought maybe they just forgot to return it after looking at the picture to try to find me. Apparently, they didn't even attempt to find me in the restaurant. There weren't that many people there.
The manager said that both of the hosts had left for the day, and wouldn't be back into work again until Thursday. He said he'd do whatever he could to find it, but to please hold off on filing a police report for a day so he would have some time to look into it.
There isn't a doubt in my mind that one of those hosts took it. They knew I was there in the restaurant because they were talking to me the entire time we were waiting to be seated.
I got a replacement driver's license, then called to put in the police report. I had to meet an officer inside the city limits since the crime was committed in the city limits, and I live on the outskirts of town. I'm so glad I was able to get a replacement license before I met with the officer! He saw me driving up to his car at the designated meeting spot. LOL The officer said there wasn't anything he could do about the license since that is all that was taken. He said kids do it all the time so that they can buy booze and cigarettes, and with the internet, it's super easy to just change out the picture.
It has been such a horrible inconvenience, and the entire time my purse was less than ten feet away from me since we ended up sitting right next to the host station. I'm extremely upset with those two kids, but thankful that nothing else was stolen. I would love to go to Applebee's and insist that one of them 'fess up or lose their job. This was kind of just a venting blog, but I really do wish there was something I could do about it. Does anybody have any ideas?

No comments:
Post a Comment