Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Journey Begins

Josh and I weren't able to sleep very well Thursday night even though we were both exhausted due to excitement about this trip! We decided to get up around 4:00 a.m. and get on our way. As usual, it seems like at the last minute, just as you're ready to pull out of the driveway you remember things. I had already made sure the house was all locked when Josh remembered his cell phone charger. I was sure we had the key to the house, but none of the keys on the ring worked. We finally gave up, and just left.

When we got into Wyoming, it was really foggy, but with the sunrise, it was absolutely gorgeous! It was like the highway was suspended in all shades of pink and purple clouds. The fog was below us on either side of the highway a lot of the time. We felt like we were in another surreal world. For some reason, the wind and the fog made our antenna whip back and forth really fast for a long time. We were sure it was going to break off.

Shortly after we arrived in South Dakota, Dillon got car sick. He had been snacking all morning on nuts, and drinking grape juice, too. Not fun.

The rest of the trip was fairly uneventful, and we made it to Josh's parent's house in less than 15 hours and 45 minutes at 9:30 p.m. We visited for a little while with Miranda and Mariah, and since it had been a very long day, went to bed. Saturday, Josh helped his dad finish up little projects all around the house. Connie and I cooked and visited, and later went shopping without the kids. The kids played all day and barely stopped long enough to eat. It was a lot of fun!

I'll try to keep posting throughout the trip as I have computer access for those of you who are interested. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sherry
It is so fun to jump online and catch up with how you all are doing keep up the good work and faithful posting...

Amy Martin said...

We are interested in what's going on. Call sometime!! I tried to call but the lady at the counter said that you aren't registered in that motel!?!?!? HMMM Where ARE you!? LOL I got the Anniversary gift today!! Thank you SOOO much. I absolutely LOVE it!!

Have FUN in PA!!

Sherri said...

Thanks for the comments, Niki. It's always exciting to see the new comments, and I really look forward to the feedback. Hey, YOU should start a blog too! Then I would be able to keep up with you all better. :)

Photobucket