Monday, October 05, 2009

Until I Can Get My Thoughts In Order...

...here are some random pictures and a cute story.


Mommy's littlest big helper. He should have been washing his face, but he ended up doing the dishes instead.
Snickers at 8 months. She wasn't feeling so well. We think she has Anaplasmosis, a parasitic sickness caused by ticks. We're treating her with antibiotics for a full month and she's been perking up the last few days.
No more pictures, please Mom?
She LOVES to cuddle and she will actually sit and watch movies with us when she's not feeling puny. It's HILARIOUS.
More pictures? Mom, please just let me sleep. But look how big she is!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We interrupt the regularly scheduled post (that has been in the works for two weeks straight now) to report that the children are upstairs "playing church".

The first order of business was prayer and praise through song. Their rendition of "Holy, Holy, Holy!" was impressive and sung in it's entirety with gusto.

Upon completion of the song service, the offering was taken (after real one dollar bills were passed out to the congregation). One of the parishioners * I'm sad to report, was most reluctant to part with his money. He ended up being chased down the aisle, tackled by the ushers and a big lumbering dog, where he proceeded to have an unholy fit hollering "Give me back my money! I want my money!!!"

After order was restored to the service, Pastor Jordan got up to preach. He read his text out of II Chronicles flawlessly and announced, "I've entitled my message today, 'Cast Out the Idols. Cast Out the Idols." Just as Pastor Hallett would have done. He preached a message, short and to the point, that I'd give a lot to be able to quote verbatim for you here, then dismissed in prayer. From the back of the church he loudly admonished everyone to shake hands with those nearby before departing, and to be sure to come again for the Wednesday evening prayer meeting.

*Last Sunday it was reported that while his Mommy and Daddy were busy with the song service this same parishioner got into his Mommy's wallet and pulled out a handful of cash, purportedly to place in the offering plate. Proof that even toddler's find it easy to be generous with other people's money.

4 comments:

Stephanie W. said...

Wow--Snickers really has grown! It must be so sweet to hear your kids playing church, even with a parishioner who was not being a cheerful giver. ;)

Deena - said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Thanks! I needed that!!! I LOVE love love it when my kiddos play church!!! On a sadder note.... I miss the old house. When you took pictures and described it and such I loved that I knew where you were talking about and knew what was around the corner in the pictures. Am I a nut or what??? Well I am just gonna hafta come and see the new one!! Love you Sherri!

Sherri said...

Stephanie ~ I miss how cute Snickers used to be. She still has beautiful eyes, but I think it's only because I knew how beautiful they were when she was a baby. I figured you would be cringing when you saw what an inside dog she is. ;)

Deena ~ I didn't read your newest post until last night, honest. I didn't realize that I said verbatim what you did about getting my thoughts together! I thought it was really funny though. I'm telling you, we think SO MUCH alike! And YES! Please come and visit sometime. We would love to see you all.

Love and miss you both!

Stephanie W. said...

Sherri ~ You know me too well; yes, I automatically had that reaction, without even really thinking. ;) lol Snickers does look very sweet, though.

Photobucket