Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Walking Through The Flames

Free download here

Walking Through the Flames
Many years ago in a time of woe,
three young men faced a bitter test;
For the king decreed that they not be freed,
but instead he had bound them fast.
Because they would not bow the knee
except to God on high,
Into the flames, with great disdain,
these men were thrown to die.

Refrain: But who would have thought
that the flames would set them free!
And who would have thought
that they'd gain the victory!
When with God our lot we cast,
we'll have more than we could ask;
We'll go walking through the flames with the Son of God!

When this evil king had performed this thing,
he sat down upon his throne.
But when he took yet a second look,
he cried out with astonished tone.
"Did we not cast into the fire a group that numbered three?"
Now they're walking 'round as though unbound
with a fourth like Deity!

(Refrain)
God has made it known to His very own,
tribulations they must bear;
For this world is not any friend to God;
in His cross we have a share.
But when the hour of trial comes,
and fire is all around,
We'll find the place we're walking on is really holy ground!

Then praise be to God
that the flames will set us free!
And praise be to God,
we shall gain the victory!
When with God our lot we cast,
we'll have more than we could ask;
We'll go walking through the flames with the Son of God!


~By Jeanine Drylie, arranged by Mac Lynch

3 comments:

Stephanie W. said...

I like that song on the "Well Done" cd. Did you ever get that one?

Sherri said...

I don't remember if I have that one or not. I know I have a cd with "Well Done" on it, but I don't think it has "Walking Through the Flames" so probably not. The cd is "Thanks Be To God" by Mac and Beth Lynch.

Oh, and while I'm at it... I have received your emails about the facebook post, I just didn't have time to respond when I got them, and then promptly forgot about them. Sorry about that, and thanks for the info! =)

Seasons of a Helpmeet said...

Wonderful poem! Thanks! Have so much to catch up on with your blog... been staying busy...

Ohh... could you point me to a part in your blog where it talks about your mom. I don't think I completely understand the whole story. I would like to know how best to pray and symathize with her through this trial but feel a little lost. Or maybe you could fill me in when you have a moment. But if it takes too long don't worry about it.

Photobucket