Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Grammy Makes It All Better

This is how tired my kids were yesterday. They got up to go to the bathroom and that's it. Nathan wanted me close, so when I was at the computer he would come and rest on the chair like this, and end up falling fast asleep on his feet. None of them were awake for more than an hour and a half collectively all day and all night long for two nights in a row! It was actually kind of nice. :)

My mom has a picture like this of me when I was about his age. It's hereditary I guess. :)


Earlier Alia asked me "Mommy, can I call Grammie? I know that just talking to her would make me all better. 'Cause Grammie is a healer."

Not five minutes later, Jordan came up to me, not having heard the previous conversation, and said, "Mommy, it seems like if I could just go to Grammie's house, I would feel so much better. Grammie just knows what to do to fix people."

I don't know why these conversations struck me as strange. After I thought about it I realized that I want my mom when I'm sick, too! I just figured it was probably because she's my mother, and who doesn't want their mother when they're sick?

If my kids are any indication, I'm in a class by myself :/

I've been listening to Pastor's series on spiritual gifts trying to figure out which ones I have. I'm still not sure about mine, but I have Josh's narrowed down and I've discovered that my mom definitely has the gift of healing.

I'm having such a hard time figuring out what my spiritual gifts are. Amanda told me I should ask people who know me what they think. So...I'm asking. When Amanda told me which gifts she thought I had, I had to admit that I don't see it, but if you all agree with her assessment, I guess I'll have to go with that.

For your convenience, here is a list of all the spiritual gifts that I can find:

the word of wisdom
the word of knowledge
faith
the gift of healing
working of miracles
prophecy
discerning of spirits
divers kinds of tongues
interpretation of tongues
the gift of apostleship
the gift of teaching
the gift of miracles
the gift of helps
the gift of governing

Does anyone have a more complete and self-explanatory list? What are your spiritual gifts and how did you figure it out? I really need feedback on this. Even if you don't know, leave a comment to that affect. I'm beginning to feel like I'm the only one who is ignorant concerning spiritual gifts which the Bible warns against.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Riky says that you and Josh both have the gift of wisdom.

I also have Exortation, showing mercy, ministry, leadership,& giving on my list. With explinations, if you want them.

I think that you have wisdom, exortation, giving, and showing mercy. That's 4!

this should be fun. I will be checking back to see what everyone else says!

Amanda said...

Oh, and mine are helps, and Discerning of Spirits for sure and maybe Faith and Word of knowledge. Maybe.

Amy Martin said...

from the list that you have on here, I'd say that you have word of wisdom, faith, and gift of helps. If you find more let me know. You may be more of these, but I can't even figure out what exactly they DO!! LOL

I'm little to no help, sorry!

And from your list, I'm guessing I have NO GIFTS!! LOL

Sherri said...

These have been so entertaining to read. LOL

According to you two, I have SIX gifts!!! ROFLOL I was beginning to wonder if I had one and even if I wanted any. They all sound way over my head.

But, you only agree on one which is the word of wisdom, so I think I may have that one, and the other one I thought I might maybe have is faith. The others I just am not so sure about.

I KNOW that both Amanda and Riky have the gift of helps. When they die, that's what I'll remember most about them. :)

Amy, I know for sure you have the gift of giving. 100% positve, no doubt about it! And I'm sure you have more, but that one really stands out to me. You enjoy shopping for other people more than you enjoy shopping for yourself, and that's really saying something! :)

I just need a more detailed explanation of the gifts to be able to understand them better.

Amanda, do you think you could type out your list for me and email it to me? I'll copy and paste it onto my post if that's okay with you. I'd really appreciate it.

Photobucket