Saturday, August 04, 2007

Garden Produce



This is what we will be conquering today. In addition to about half as much again.

This picture doesn't include the bushels of green beans we have to wash, snap, and freeze, or the two different kinds of peas, four different kinds of lettuce, spinach, radishes, squash, zucchini, and cucumbers that are already done. Multiply what you see here by about five and that's how much we've gotten. Our freezer is almost full. I have no idea what we're going to do with the rest of it. I have a feeling we'll be purchasing another freezer in the not too distant future. And we've given quite a bit away.

The corn is fantastic, especially grilled IMO. But Josh doesn't like it that way. The rest I wish I never had to see, handle, or eat ever again. And those two little peppers in the corner? They're HOT! And that's saying a lot coming from me. I love hot peppers. I can't eat these though. I thought Josh was going to suffocate after he took a bite! It was so funny, but not! :D

4 comments:

Amy Martin said...

Looks like loads and loads of unending FUN!!! I hope you were able to get it all done.

Anonymous said...

Sherri~We'll take some--it looks great! :) I go to a farmer's market every week to buy this stuff, but I wish we had our own garden. Hopefully, in the next year or two, we'll at least be able to have a small one in the back.
Blessings~
Pam Folbrecht

Amanda said...

Sherri~
I am sure that you are overwhelmed. If you need any help, call me. I enjoy putting up produce. Not those hot little peppers, though!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I know it's a lot of work, but it's wonderful to be able to feed your family the good stuff! Loved the picture -- I think you should post a picture of the garden itself! Our backyard is starting to resemble a jungle! Ha!

~Rebecca

Photobucket