Monday, August 06, 2007

Garden Pictures

Here is one kind of tomato.
You can sort of see how the watermelon is taking over the garden here, and the bushy plant in the back is the bottleneck squash that just won't quit producing.
Here is our pumpkin patch. They're looking good, but I have no idea what to do with them when they're ready. For the record, none of us are all that crazy about pumpkin pie. Most of the garden I think was planted just 'cause he could.
This is the corn, green beans, honeydew, and cantaloupe.
Some of the garden is finished (PTL) and already tilled up. That was the broccoli (that was overrun with worms), lettuce, spinach, radishes and peas. Josh hates broccoli, but apparently thought he'd eat it if he new it came from his garden, and I used to like broccoli, but will probably never eat it again due to the abundace of worms that I heretofore never knew exsisted. They match so well you cant tell they're there until you submerge the broccoli in water, and they drown. So. Gross.
I can't wait till it's over.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...pumpkin bread? (http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/000842pumpkin_bread.php)
The seeds are good roasted too, but I know even one pumpkin has about a gazillion of those! :)

Do you have a food pantry nearby? I worked at one for the past 3.5 yrs., & our clients always loved getting donated produce.

Thanks for sharing the garden pics. Hope the rest of the growing season goes smoothly for you! ~Pam

Amy Martin said...

You like gardening about as much as I like being pregnant!! And both of them seem to last FOREVER!!! I will be glad when this is over too!! LOL

inside the barricks said...

Sounds and looks like you should go to the farmers market and sell some of your hard work. I just have one tomatoe plant, it is huge and very green but no tomatoes. So I can't picture myself trying to have more than that. Seems how I can't even get that to produce. Truth has a punny little plant and has gotten 3 I have nothing. Guess I just don't have the green thumb. Enjoy the rest of harvest season!!!! :)
melisa

Photobucket