I have been too busy to post recently, but I know what it's like to check people's blogs and not find anything new to read so I decided I would try to post something new more regularly for my faithful readers. (LOL That sounds so funny to me!) I have about 15 feeds that I check almost every day, and in the last two or three weeks I've only been able to read new things from Rebecca, and Amy, oh and Jennifer, but she's just getting started with blogging.
I recently joined Flylady.net, so I've been establishing routines to get my huge house cleaned and kept that way all the time. It has made a wonderful difference. Josh helps a lot, too, so that makes it just that much better! When Josh cleans something, you KNOW it's as clean as it can possibly get. LOL Then all I have to do is maintain it. A piece of cake with my new routines. Josh's bathroom has been sparkling clean for almost two whole weeks now!
I've also joined SavingDinner.com and ordered the Mega Menu Mailer. It comes complete with recipes and shopping lists for 20 meals that you make all at once and then freeze to pull out during those busy days when supper is an afterthought. It only took me about three hours to get all twenty meals done, and I had so much fun doing it! I don't usually enjoy cooking, but there is very little actual cooking involved, and I just put on some Christmas music and threw the meal kits together. My mom had four of my kids so I didn't have the added distractions in that direction, and Isaac actually took a four hour nap.
Josh and I had the clam chowder last night, and it was delicious. We don't usually even like clam chowder, but it was one of the recipes so I decided to just go ahead and make it. Josh had no idea what I had been making, but he requested clam chowder when he came home. How weird is that? I'm so excited to have discovered these wonderful resources. I feel so free now with all this extra time I have. I finally enjoy cooking, and cleaning, and homeschooling and playing with my kids because the pressure to get so many different things done is no longer there! It's almost like having a live-in housekeeper and cook, and I get the fulfillment of knowing that it's ME and that I really can do it all!
Josh's family will be here for Christmas so I'm scrambling to get everything ready for that.
Christmas is a big celebration at our church, as it should be. I have four singing specials to prepare for, Josh has two, and I have a piano duet to play. I'm also playing for the Patch the Pirate Club and the regular pianist is singing a solo so I'm playing for her. All the "extra" spare time I have will be more than filled with all the practicing I need to do. That's all in addition to being the new pianist for the Wednesday evening services. If I ever feel bored this month, it will be completely inexcusable.
I know there has been a lot of other things that I have been doing, but I can't think what they are right now. So I'll stop. Oh, and thanks to all of you who left comments on my last post! I enjoyed seeing them.

5 comments:
Sounds like you have the 'world by the tail'. I am very happy for you. It is so nice to be able to say, at the end of the day, "hey, I actually DID accomplish something today, look!" So, now when MY house starts falling apart (as it is bound to, ;)) you can come help me. I too have been able to keep up with things, (so far) but I still need to organize my time better. It is such a relief to sit down at the end of the day in a clean house. Good post. Thanks for the update!
You say cooking and cleaning are fun? Hmmmmmmm. I know you didn't get that from me! Fun is playing with the 4 children while you are slaving away with the cooking and cleaning!!
MOM
I loved your mom's comment....so sweet!
Thanks for the new post! I check all the time, too and get tired of not seeing new things! However, I know that real life is the priority! LOL
Sounds like you are keeping very busy. I'll have to check out the dinner website. The problem is that I'm so picky when it comes to food so most things I just wouldn't eat. Maybe I should just cook them anyway and if I don't like it I can make quick sandwich or something. I'll definitely look into it!
I really enjoyed seeing you this week, and meeting your 2 "new" boys since we have been there last. Your post was very interesting. I am going to try to put together a menu and some meals in the freezer also. It will be a fun thing to try. The boys are begging to help me cook some meals. I think they will probably enjoy the food better if they knew that they helped prepare it. Keep up the good posting!
I check your blog right after I read the paper so I just love it when you have new posts.. Have a great Christmas and thanks for the info the other day it was good to talk to you..
Post a Comment