Yesterday I was going about my normal day, picking stuff up as I walked through the house, in my own little world. I remember vaguely hearing someone talking as if they were telling a story, but didn't really think much of it. As I made my way into our main living room I noticed the "story" got louder. I stopped in my tracks as I realized it was my DILLON! I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He was quoting Genesis 1:1-5 over and over again just like he was telling a story. I was shocked.Jordan has to learn Genesis 1:1-5 for his Bible class, and everyday he practices it. I had no idea Dillon was learning it too, just from listening to Jordan. I thought it would be a lot to expect him to know just one of the verses! He says it just adorably; especially when he gets to "And God said, 'Let there be light', and there WAS light, and God SAW the light, that it was good"! His eyes get big and he smiles huge as he says it almost as if to say, "Can you believe it?!? Isn't that the most amazing thing you've ever heard?"
They say the Bible reference at the very beginning of the verses and at the end, and Dillon thinks when he says it at the end that he has to keep starting over. It's so funny. He's like a little tape recording saying it over and over again. And he's only three! What a big boy.

1 comment:
Isn't it amazing how much they pick up at such a young age?! I can imagine how much it warmed your heart to hear Dillon reciting those verses. :~)
Post a Comment