
This past Sunday after we got home from church, it was nap time for all of us. Josh and I sent the kids to bed, and went downstairs to our room. I told Josh I wasn't going to be able to rest because I knew the kids were probably going to play quietly instead of taking naps if I wasn't up there checking on them. He said not to worry about it and go to sleep. I was so tired I fell asleep right away, and the next thing I knew I heard three kids hollering. I thought, "Uh oh. I was right. Some kids are in deep trouble." After that it was really quiet for a long time, but I couldn't go back to sleep so I got up. Josh said that when he woke up he went right upstairs. Dillon was sitting at the top of the stairs and he got that ''deer in the headlights" look on his face. Josh asked him what he was doing out of bed, and Dillon just kept stuttering something about Jordan and Alia. Jordan's door was closed, so Josh listened quietly for a minute and couldn't hear anything so he opened the door. They were just sitting on the floor, and we still don't know what they were doing, but he finally got them to admit that they had told Dillon to sit at the top of the stairs and listen for Josh and I to get up. He was supposed to run and tell them right away if he heard us so that they could all run and jump into bed. I'm sure they felt utterly betrayed by Dillon when they saw Josh at the door. It makes me laugh out loud just thinking about it! Needless to say, they all got their just rewards.
Monday night Josh called us all to the table for a story. We all love it when Daddy reads stories! He is so good at it. It was the story of Annanias and Sapphira. Josh read from the Bible about how Annanias and Sapphira conspired together to lie to God, and how He struck them down dead after giving them another chance to tell the truth. He explained to the kids that this is how serious lying is in God's eyes, and that they should never set out to deceive anybody like they had done the day before. There were great big round eyes all around the table. After the question and answer time was over, Jordan said, "That was a really good story, Daddy! Can you tell us another one?" Kids!!! After making sure they all knew that this was a true story from the Bible, Josh told them that they would have to wait until tomorrow night to hear about how God broke one of his servants out of prison. They can hardly wait to hear that one! I think they all got the point though. I hope. : )

1 comment:
Hi, Sherri! Thanks for sending the link to your blog to me! I've really enjoyed reading your posts and catching up on your life. This is a great picture of your kids - AliaBeth looks just like a little Sherri! I was wondering if you have a recent family picture with all the kids? Love,
Sarah (Johnson) Layer
Post a Comment