Monday, January 24, 2011

Ann Voskamp's "One Thousand Gifts"

Have you, like me, ever wondered where your joy has gone? If there is more to life than just...this? Struggling to get out of bed everyday to face the same monotony that is, has been, and seemingly will ever be your life?

My prayer for the last half of 2010 was "Lord, change me. And, please, make it last!" It's not enough to change for a day. I want to be becoming more and more like Jesus everyday of my life. For too long, it has been "one step forward and fall on my face one hundred feet backward." I've wanted to give up. It was so easy to think that there was no way I could ever really be like Him anyway.

But that's a lie straight from the father of lies himself. You CAN become a reflection of God's glory, every single moment of every single day of your life in spite of your circumstances! A change of perspective is what transforms a burden into a blessing!!

It is not too much to say that this book, this concept of choosing gratitude, has changed my life. It is just too good not to share! God, in His great mercy and lovingkindness, has chosen to use one woman to write a book that has helped me to change the way I see everyday life ~ for good~ in answer to my prayer.

Come along and discover the secret to lasting, meaningful joy in the midst of your ordinary, everyday life. Join me, and thousands of others, as we begin to unravel the "one thousand and more" gifts of God's never-ending love just waiting to be noticed. Heaven-sent especially for you!



But wait, it gets better! Angie and Jessica have chosen Ann's book for discussion on "Bloom." For your convenience I have also posted the "Bloom" button on my sidebar. EnJoY!

No comments:

Photobucket