You know those little things in your life that become time-wasters and cause clutter and .... guilt? Well, my blog has become one of those things for me. There is not enough time in my life to keep up with it. It's no longer doable.
I know that most of the people that read my blog have issues with facebook for that very reason, and I totally get and respect that. I've been where you are.
I've decided to be the change I want to see. Facebook is like any other tool, it can be used for evil or it can be used for good. It depends upon the user. I have very strict guidelines as to who qualifies as a "friend", and I feel no guilt for including some and excluding others. I pray and ask God and do my best to obey as He leads me. With the Lord's help and for His glory, I'm going to go where very few have ventured to go before ~ I'm going to do my level best to glorify God and point people to Him via facebook.
I pray about facebook everyday. I pray that He would love people through me there, and that He would allow me to be an encouragement and blessing to each life I would not otherwise have the opportunity to touch. And I thank Him for giving me such an ingenious tool to use to reach out to others that I would not otherwise be able to reach. But I especially pray that He would be lifted up by every word I speak there. I post regularly with the same things I would normally post here, and I have the same purpose for my facebook page as I do for my blog ~ to bring honor, glory, and praise to God, and to point others to Jesus.
I share what God has been teaching me through my devotions, praises, answers to prayer, updates on my parents, and recently the Lord gave me the tremendous idea of starting a Bible Study on the book of Esther. Yes, on facebook. It's been...incredible. I proposed the idea with the thought that there would be three, maybe four, of us involved. In a very short time, by the grace of God and to His glory, 35 ladies have been added to our group. There would be more, but due to sensitive content, I have had to limit the group to married and adult single ladies only.
If you would like to be a part of what God is doing through usable, yeilded vessels on facebook, we would love to have you join us. If not, I understand completely. I simply felt led to extend the invitation, and explain my extended absence here. I'm praying about closing my blog altogether, but have not received a difinitive answer yet.
God bless you all, and I'll do my best to keep in touch! Please do the same!! =0)

No comments:
Post a Comment