Monday, August 03, 2009

Welcome To Our Home

Our long, winding, canopied driveway.

The front-back door.


View from the front door.

Path from the garage. The whole property is completely secluded. No one would ever find us if we didn't want to be found.

The foyer.

View to the left of the entryway.

The parlor.

View from the base of the loft stairway.

This was the only place for my piano and it was a perfect fit! Notice that the woodwork all matches our furniture throughout the house.

The loft master bedroom. I didn't think I'd like all the light, but I LOVE it! We sleep with the windows open, and it sounds and feels just like we're camping up in the mountains in a remote cabin. There is also a recliner and end table not pictured. It's huge.



If you look closely, you can see both skylights in this one.

Loft view to the left.

Loft view to the right. Don't mind my messy kitchen. I'm too lazy today to clean it up nice so it's not pictured either.

Dillon's very own room! Plain for now, but he already has grand ideas for decorations. He just has to save up. This is just to the right of the entryway. Alia's room is right across the hall. I'll post pictures of that someday when/if she finally gets it clean. Don't hold your breath though. Her room was always the messiest at the old house.

Downstairs to the right is Jordan's room. This is the nicest bedroom! It has a walk-in closet, and the painting was all done by hand. It looks so professional. I wanted this to be the master bedroom, but the whole room, closet included, is about the size of our bed.

We got a fantastic deal on his bedroom furniture! The decals on the handles are pine cones which of course matches his walls perfectly. I love God's attention to detail when He answers prayer!

We had prayed that God would lead us on Saturday as we went looking for garage sales, and got smokin' deals on his headboard with a matching dresser, bedding that matches his walls, new pillows, a full mattress for Isaac and Nathan, their bedding that matches their walls, and God threw in an extra twin size bed for Isaac for a whopping $7 just to seal the deal. We have to get a mattress and bedding for it sometime, and he will finally have the complete birthday present he's been waiting for so long. For now he's just glad to have a bedroom and a real bed instead of a sofa to sleep in.



Isaac and Nathan's room. There's plenty of room for another twin bed, all their toys, and this couch that the previous owner so graciously left for us because they would have had to cut it in pieces to get it up the stairs. This was their old entertainment room with built-in surround sound and fluorescent lights. But it has another nice walk-in closet so we made it a fifth bedroom instead.

Some other time I'll try to post pictures of the rest of the downstairs. Until then, let me just say that I am so very thankful for the house the Lord has given us for our new life here. All of our stuff fits as if the house was built specifically for us, as indeed I believe it was! We couldn't have planned it more perfectly.
~PRAISE THE LORD!~

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it...all of it! Love your view, it's so peaceful. I also love how you call your living room the "parlor"...so old-fashioned. :) I love the loft looking down on the living areas. What is in the loft now? Is that the bedroom areas? Overall, just LOVE it. I wonder if I can say "love" one more time in this comment? :D lol

Praise the Lord for his goodness!

Rebecca

P.S. Thank you for blogging fairly regularly. It gives me something to read! I think most of my links have almost all stopped blogging (including me). Hopefully, I'll get around to it again soon. Until then, I'll just keep clicking on yours. :D

Seasons of a Helpmeet said...

Your home is lovely. It looks so cozy. How nice to have it set back in the woods and have lots of privacy for your family. Be praying for you as you continue to settle in.

Pam said...

Nice place! We hope to move to a more rural area someday too.

Stephanie W. said...

Yes, cozy is definitely a word I would use to describe the look of your house. The decor really is nice and fits you. Even outside it looks as if there is some nice landscaping. The privacy of your property is fabulous! I'm sure it will be very pretty and feel even cozier with some winter snow in future months. The Lord really knows how to please!

Lisa said...

YAY!! The house looks like it was specifically built for your tastes and family!! I am so happy for you and thank you for posting pics!!
love and hugs

Amanda said...

Thanks for sharing pictures of your beautiful home. Love it!
Except, where are the guest accomidations? Is there a chateau in the back? Where will WE stay, exactly? =)
Congratulations on your new home, Sherri. How is Josh liking his new job?

Christa said...

Gorgeous. Isn't God amazing the way he KEEPS blessing us?

Anonymous said...

It is just so beautiful. So happy that you got to post these great pictures. What a wonderful area to let the boys run around. Congratulations on the new house. Hugs to the kids.
Virginia

Arlene said...

Praise the Lord is right! So happy for you and your family as the Lord has been working in your lives!

Photobucket