Thursday, March 08, 2007

Exceeding Abundantly

I have The John Marshall Family CD "I'd Do It All Again", and I love the words to several of the songs. Especially in light of some very trying circumstances that have come up recently. It's not the same without the incredibly beautiful music that goes along with it, but these words have been such a continual comfort to me that I have to post them here. If anyone has this music, I'd love to have it, and would gladly pay for it.

Exceeding Abundantly
by Kristy Lomax

As a father longs to shower his children with love
So God yearns to show his power, raining blessings from above
Though He bids us seek His face, our hearts' desires to implore
We often fail to comprehend all the riches He has in store.

Exceeding abundantly above all we think
Exceeding abundantly far beyond all our dreams
Our God is far greater than our minds can explore
Exceeding abundantly what we ask, and so much more.

There are days when we murmur about God's design
But the past quickly reminds us God's been faithful every time
His grace leaves us speechless, astonished, and amazed
We're overwhelmed by gratitude at the mercy that He displays.

Exceeding abundantly above all we think
Exceeding abundantly far beyond all our dreams
Our God is far greater than our minds can explore
Exceeding abundantly all we ask, all we think, all we hope, all we dream

Exceeding abundantly what we ask, and so much more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sherri,

In case you haven't done this, try the johnmarshallfamily.com web site. Although they did not have this song listed as being able to buy as sheet music from them, maybe you could use their contact link and ask them about it.

~Stephanie :)

Amy Martin said...

Hey 'big' Sis,

I'm praying for you all back 'home'. His Grace is Sufficiant!! It all seems so surreal from way over here, but I know how very REAL it all is. Keep your chin up and remember there is someone 1700 miles away that keeps you in her prayers.

Photobucket