Several weeks ago I began experiencing inexplicable itching and burning on the right side of my rib cage. My skin looked normal, so I couldn't imagine what it could be. About a week later it broke into a painful, red rash that burned terribly.
I tried Wonder Balm and coconut oil for relief, but it wasn't getting any better. In the back of my mind I knew I needed to at least drink some Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar as it's never failed to help with pretty much any minor malady I've had, but I only do that if I absolutely have to. I wasn't motivated enough yet. I even thought of applying it topically, but truth be told, I was scared to death of more pain and burning. I wasn't willing to take the chance without knowing more.
Eczema and psoriasis run in my family so I began my natural treatment research there. Nothing I tried helped at all.
I finally mentioned it to two friends at church and both of them immediately thought of shingles. I came home that night desperate for relief, so I prayed and began the research.
The first page that came up explained that it is a dormant form of chicken pox in which the virus hides in your nerves. When your immune system function is suppressed for an extended period of time it fails to identify and attack the virus, allowing it to run it's course. It stated that applying Apple Cider Vinegar topically in addition to drinking it would relieve the itching and burning and kill off the virus, preventing it from hiding dormant once again in the nerve endings as it heals which is the notorious cause of residual pain for weeks, months, and even years after an outbreak.
I found a cotton ball, saturated it with the ACV, and the relief was instantaneous.
I practically heard it sizzle.
To soothe it after the ACV dried I applied either pure tea tree oil or eucalyptus oil activated in a lotion (I used Renew).
I did this as often as needed, which for me was at least once every hour for several days. I treated it right before bed, and was able to sleep soundly through the night. Being able to be still helped tremendously.
I also took about 1000 milligrams of L-Lysine twice a day, in addition to the recommended daily dose of Vitamin E. I've thought about applying the Vitamin E topically, but it hasn't been necessary.
A friend who has also experienced success with ACV treatment recommends mixing it with raw honey for both topical application and ingestion. I highly recommend it! His was healed in about three days. Mine was healed in five.
If you have successfully treated shingles naturally, please share in the comments. Everybody's different, so what works for some may not work for others. Therefore, the more options, the better.
Do share!

1 comment:
When we asked advice at the health food store (not wanting to take medication), it was also recommended that Greg take Red Algae capsules (besides his Bragg's vinegar and organic, raw honey regimen). His rash was on his chest, shoulder, neck and jaw. It cleared up beautifully within days and he has had no recurrence (onset was in January of this year).
Post a Comment