Thursday, March 04, 2010

The Harvest ~ so far

Updated! NINETEEN souls have come to know the LORD since April 30, 2009! More names have been filled in. Don't forget to pray for them! =-)

It took me awhile, but I think I have a rough estimate of the souls that have come to know the Lord through our fiery trial since April 30, 2009. I'm sure all their names are somewhere between here and facebook, but this is what I've been able to come up with so far. This does not include assurances of salvation.

May 1st ~ Shannon
May 5 ~ (Dad's in Great Falls)
May 14 ~ (Mom's in Great Falls)
May 30 ~ Jamie
June 2 ~ Sandy
June 3 ~ (Dad's)
July 1 ~ Kendy
August ~ Elaine Kina
Sept. 15 ~ Christine
Dec. 4 ~ Sue Campbell
Dec. 14 ~ Sarah Morales
Dec. 14 ~ Valerie Medina
Jan. 7 ~ Blanca Aliva
Jan. 12 ~ Virginia Lucero
Feb. 1 ~ Sandy Quach
Feb. 25 ~ Roseanna Gosparion
Feb. 26 ~ Amy Polnof
Mar. 21 ~ Teri Davis
Mar. 24 ~ Rebecca Solomon

I know there are more, but I didn't keep track very well during our move last summer. I'm looking forward to adding regularly to this list. Praise God! The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few.

Many die in heathen lands,
Many die next door,
Millions die who've never heard
The love of Christ before.
They need someone to tell them that
You died to take their place.
They need someone to tell them of
Your mercy, love, and grace.

Lord, take my heart
I place it in Your hands.
Lord, break my heart
If that's what's in Your plan.
Whatever You have to do
To take full control,
Lord, give me Your heart for souls.

Cleanse me, Lord,
Revive my heart,
Consume me with your flame.
Use every single part of me
To bear Your precious name.
Guide my feet,
Give me vision,
Teach me what to say.
I want to do Your will, Oh Lord,
Please help me to obey.

~Composed by Niki Lott

My friend, Jill, recently mentioned something that I hadn't realized before. Every human being that has been created has a name that has been written in the Book of Life. God loves every soul, and is not willing that ANY should perish, but that all should come to repentance. Their names are not added after salvation, but rather blotted out when they refuse to accept Christ as their Savior. (See Rev. 3:5) How horrible to die and face the Savior Who gave His all for you, only to see your name was written there all along, but has now been blotted out because of the choice you made to reject Him. To have heaven in your possession and choose to simply throw it away. I can't think of anything more heartbreaking and tragic.

"Eternity is a long time to be wrong."

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Very good, amen, I really like that song, bless you sister, hugs Barbara

Anonymous said...

I was surprised to see this song...our choir is practicing it at church right now. Niki Lott is your composer...check out christiancompostions.com. Her in-laws go to our church and she lives just north of us here in PA. She has a lot of good music.
Have a great day!
Elizabeth

Deena - said...

wow. Amazing what God can do through an unbelievably difficult time. Praise God. Niki Lott is a good friend of mine. Her and her husband Brian double with Joel and I for our date nights some times and Joel has been helping him with some fixes on their house. Please pray for their youngest adopted little boy named Evan. He has been in the hospital for a few days now battling RSV. He was low birth weight, has shown some lung/breathing problems like asthma before this all came about, making his fight through this illness even a greater fight. They sure would appreciate your prayers. They are good sweet folks.

Love to you Sherri!

Photobucket